Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Butt-Dialing" vs. the "Booty Call"... not everyone knows the difference!

There's a common phenomenon with modern mobile phones where the phone dials a number in your contact list all by themselves after being jostled around in your pocket or purse. Some people call this "pocket dialing" but if it happens while your phone in a BACK pocket it's called "butt dialing".
When you accidentally “butt dial” someone it’s only natural to exclaim something like: “Oh, Sorry… I butt dialed you." Of course, you assume people know what "butt dialing" means before you say it.
My mom is in her eighties and she has never heard of "butt dialing" she has no idea what it is... but she DOES know what a "booty call" is (apparently there was a special report on one of her talk shows recently). 
The other day my wife had a similar outburst after a "butt dialing" incident and I found myself in a position of having to explain the difference to my mom. 
Oh boy.

What is your most embarrassing "butt dialing" moment? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment